What happens if you get tuberculosis?The general symptoms of TB disease include feelings of sickness or weakness, weight loss, fever, and night sweats . The symptoms of TB disease of the lungs also include coughing, chest pain, and the coughing up of blood. Symptoms of TB disease in other parts of the body depend on the area affected.
Is TB fatal now?Without treatment, tuberculosis can be fatal . Untreated active disease typically affects your lungs, but it can affect other parts of your body, as well.
How do u know if u have TB?
Tuberculosis Signs and Symptoms
- A cough that lasts more than 3 weeks.
- Chest pain.
- Coughing up blood.
- Feeling tired all the time.
- Night sweats.
- Loss of appetite.
What causes tuberculosis?Tuberculosis (TB) is caused by a type of bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis . It’s spread when a person with active TB disease in their lungs coughs or sneezes and someone else inhales the expelled droplets, which contain TB bacteria.
Who is most at risk for tuberculosis?
Groups at High Risk for Developing TB Disease
- Persons who have had a gastrectomy or jejunoileal bypass.
- Persons with low body weight (<90% of ideal body weight)
- People who use substances (such as injection drug use)
- Populations defined locally as having an increased incidence of disease due to M.