What is conjunction and example?Conjunctions are words that join together other words or groups of words . A coordinating conjunction connects words, phrases, and clauses of equal importance. The main coordinating conjunctions are and, or, and but. They bought apples, pears, and oranges. You can wait either on the steps or in the car.
What are 10 examples of a conjunction?
10 Examples Of Conjunction In A Sentence
- She cried because she had hurt his leg.
- My dog Tuffy likes to eat and sleep.
- I will find him wherever he may be.
- Try to stay alert while driving at night.
- I came home after picking up my mom.
- She didn’t like Tom until she met him.
- I helped her though she was a stranger.
What is the full meaning of conjunction?Conjunction is a word that connects or joins clauses, words, phrases together in a sentence . Conjunctions are used to coordinate words in a sentence. “but”, “although”, “while” are some common conjunctions.
What are 5 examples of conjunctions?Coordinating conjunctions allow you to join words, phrases, and clauses of equal grammatical rank in a sentence. The most common coordinating conjunctions are for, and, nor, but, or, yet, and so ; you can remember them by using the mnemonic device FANBOYS. I’d like pizza or a salad for lunch.
What are the 7 conjunctions?English has seven coordinating conjunctions— for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so —which you can remember using the mnemonic FANBOYS: For indicates causation: “We left a day early, for the weather was not as clement as we had anticipated.”
What are the 7 types of conjunctions?There are seven coordinating conjunctions, they are –
What are the 4 types of conjunctions?There are four kinds of conjunctions: coordinating conjunctions, correlative conjunctions, subordinating conjunctions, and conjunctive adverbs . Coordinating conjunctions must connect the same parts of speech—two or more nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, prepositions, conjunctions, phrases, or clauses.
What are 50 conjunctions?
50 Conjunction Sentences
What are the 3 types of conjunctions?A conjunction is a word that is used to connect words, phrases, and clauses. There are many conjunctions in the English language, but some common ones include and, or, but, because, for, if, and when. There are three basic types of conjunctions: coordinating, subordinating, and correlative .
What words are conjunctions?A conjunction (also called a connective) is a word such as and, because, but, for, if, or, and when . Conjunctions are used to connect phrases, clauses, and sentences.
What are 20 examples of conjunctions?
20 Examples of Conjunction In A Sentence
- 1). We decided to play on even though it was raining. …
- 3). Just as I got up with the train, it drove away. …
- 5). He won’t win however hard he tries.
- 6). He would rather play than work.
- 7). He cried because he had hurt his knee.
- 8). Although he was ill, he went to work.
- 9). …
Where are conjunctions examples?I wonder where she lives . as a relative adverb (referring back to a noun and introducing a relative clause): I know a place where you can hide. (introducing a clause that is subject, object, or complement of another clause): Stratford is where Shakespeare was born.
What are 30 conjunctions?
30 Conjunction Sentences in English
- Although she is hungry, she will bath before dinner.
- Although she is my friend, she hates me.
- He is planning to visit me as he have some time.
- He is the only one man army now, because no one is left.
- He should thank God for all he has today.
- He was eating as if he was hungry.
What are the 12 conjunctions?
List 12 – Conjunctions
How do you use a conjunction?
As is a conjunction and an adverb and is used before a clause, another adverb or a clause beginning with a preposition:
- She enjoys all kinds of music, as I do.
- Repeat these five steps, as in the last exercise.