What are the 10 compound words?
What are compound words and examples?This is when two nouns are combined to form a new noun. A compound noun is a type of compound word that is used to describe a person, place, or thing. For example, toothpaste, rain forest and sister-in-law are all compound nouns.
What are the 20 compound words?
What are the 50 compound words?
What are the 3 types of compound words?Compound words can be written in three ways: as open compounds (spelled as two words, e.g., ice cream), closed compounds (joined to form a single word, e.g., doorknob), or hyphenated compounds (two words joined by a hyphen, e.g., long-term) .
What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
- I like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.
- Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.
- Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
What is compound words in English?A compound word is a union of two or more words, either with or without a hyphen . It conveys a unit idea that is not as clearly or quickly conveyed by the component words in unconnected succes- sion.
What is a compound sentence?A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses joined with a comma and coordinating conjunction , also known as the FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so). In addition, you can join independent clauses with a semicolon or with a semicolon, conjunction adverb, and a comma.
What is a compound sentence with example?A compound sentence is made up of two or more simple sentences joined with a conjunction . Nancy was out of oil, so she went to the grocery store. I want to shed weight, yet I eat butter every day. Prince is very smart, and he knows it.
What is a compound word 1st grade?Putting it simply, a compound word is made by putting two words together to form a single word . The resulting compound word may have a meaning that cannot be determined directly by examining the two original words. Examples are: cupcake (cup + cake) – A small cake for a single serving, usually with icing on top.
What are the 100 compound words?
What are the five compound words?
What are compound words for Class 5?
- List 1: earthquake, countdown, candlestick, barefoot, bathrobe, classroom, fingernail, roommate, dashboard, overdue.
- List 2: breakfast, shipwreck, tombstone, wildlife, guardrail, suitcase, surfboard, tiptoe, lighthouse, chairperson.