How do you cite an article?The basic format is as follows: Author(s). « Title of Article. » Title of Periodical, Day Month Year, pages.
How do you APA cite a article?
A basic reference list entry for a journal article in APA must include:
- Author or authors. …
- Year of publication of the article (in round brackets).
- Article title.
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal (in italics).
- Issue number of journal in round brackets (no italics).
- Page range of article.
- DOI or URL.
How do you cite an article MLA?Author last name, First name, et al. “Article Title.” Journal Name, vol. Volume, no. Issue, Month Year, Page range.
What are some examples of citations?Using In-text Citation
APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005) . For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).
How DOI cite an online article?
Online media articles
- author (if available)
- year of publication.
- article title (between single quotation marks)
- newspaper title (in italics)
- date of article (day, month, page number—if given—and any additional information available)
- accessed day month year (the date you accessed the items)
- from name of database.
How do you cite an article in APA 7?
- Author(s). …
- Title of the article. …
- Title of the Journal, Note: Italicize and capitalize each word in the journal.
- Volume Note: Italicize the journal volume. …
- (Issue), Note: If there is a issue number in addition to a volume number, include it in parentheses.
- Page range.
How do you in text cite an online article in APA?When citing a webpage or online article, the APA in-text citation consists of the author’s last name and year of publication . For example: (Worland & Williams, 2015). Note that the author can also be an organization. For example: (American Psychological Association, 2019).
What is MLA citation example?Using In-text Citation
MLA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken, for example: (Smith 163) . If the source does not use page numbers, do not include a number in the parenthetical citation: (Smith).